Chestnut Oak Fibers

Pam Baker Howard - Weaver~Fiber Artist~Teacher - Brasstown, North Carolina

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Latest Project

I like to always put one of my woven wearable creations in the Southern Highlands Craft Guild Mother's Day Fashion Show. I do this because it will give me a deadline to weave fabric and then construct it into a garment. I have already chose my warp threads and pattern and wound and beamed the warp onto my loom...all 600 threads. I am over half way through treading. I am hoping that today I will finish thread and start to weave. Once I am weaving I will post a photo. I am not sure of the color for the weft...maybe black or maybe a green. We will see!

If you are close to Asheville, NC and would like to go to the SHCG Fashion Show, May 9th, give the Folk Art Center a call for directions and more information at 828-298-7928. Or check out their web page at www.southernhighlandguild.org.

Well it is back to threading........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home