Chestnut Oak Fibers

Pam Baker Howard - Weaver~Fiber Artist~Teacher - Brasstown, North Carolina

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Helpful Trick for Weavers -



Today I am busy working in my studio which is always a fun thing to do.  I am in the process of warping my Schacht Baby Wolf so that I can weave a wall hanging.  It will be a sample for the students that are taking my class, Beginning Weaving - Weave a Wall Hanging  dates are August 8 - 14 at the John C. Campbell Folk School. 

I was gathering my equipment to get my warp onto the loom.  I like the "Back to Front" method because it gets off the yarn onto the loom for easy threading.  So the tools that I need are lease sticks and a raddle.  In warps past, I used some rather ugly yarn to hang my lease sticks from.  Today when getting ready to set up the loom I asked myself, why not have something handmade and lovely to hold my lease sticks.  Since I am also a inkle weaver, I took a band that I had wove sometime back.  I then got Velcro strips and sewed them to the bands.   I now have a lovely handmade inkle bands  that not only looks great, but is very useful.  Now on to finishing thread my loom.
Happy Weaving!
Pam

2 Comments:

At June 30, 2010 at 2:18 PM , Blogger Karen said...

Great idea, Pam! I think, as weavers/artists we sometimes forget that *we* can use the beautiful things we create, too! How nice, to be able to look at something lovely you created, while in the process of creating something new!

 
At August 16, 2010 at 7:51 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

How lovely... And what a wonderful idea!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home