Chestnut Oak Fibers

Pam Baker Howard - Weaver~Fiber Artist~Teacher - Brasstown, North Carolina

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Coca~Cola A Wall Hanging

Sometimes a new challenge can be fun and exciting.  Often it is something that one needs to branch out and seek new adventures.  That is exactly what the Coca~Cola wall hanging did for me.   Just coming off of three very challenging years of health issues and family disasters,  I was asked to submit a woven piece. The piece is for an exhibit and benefit auction for the John C. Campbell Folk School. At the time I was asked my stress was getting more and more less stressful and my creative side of the brain was wanting to get started again.  So, when asked to participate in this project I immediately said, yes.    My piece will be first exhibit at the Corporate  Headquarters of Coca~Cola in Atlanta, Georgia and then it will go to the Woodruff Art Center in Atlanta for the special Folk School Auction.  Needless to say it was suggested that a Coke related piece would be nice.  When I hear that I thought I was doomed, but thank goodness my creative brain was working!  Boy I too the Coke theme to the extreme!

Below are a few photographs of the three piece wall hanging I created.  The piece measures 36 inches wide and 46 inches tall.  It hangs on the wall by a hand forged iron bracket that my Blacksmith husband, Ron Howard made.  The structure is overshot and it just happens to be a name-draft of "Coca~Cola".



For those who will be in the Atlanta area think about going to the benefit auction on February 4, from 5 to 8 pm.  Of course there is more to bid on than my wall hanging.   Check out the John C. Campbell's web page,    www.folkschool.org    and look for the link to the auction page.

Now on to my next challenge!
Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home